Tuesday, May 3, 2011

holding hands.

There is the sweetest little Cuban lady that I see quite frequently at church, the Greenbean, out walking, etc. Her name is Rosa and I think she is so amazing. She's quite chatty, but despite her talkative ways, she has a lot to talk about! She has a way of incorporating Jesus/love in any conversation and how He has worked in her life. Her lifestyle and perception of other people's lives are so finely tuned in with Jesus, it's just so inspiring. Her vision and experience of the Gospel is so earthy and real. Any day I see her I ask her what she's been up to for the day and she'll respond that she's been "fishing." (for people... as in, "fishers of men")
One of the things I love about her is that she has a real dependance and faith in God. I find that so often I can get caught up in issues like money and thinking "if only I had more money..." etc. And it reminds me that I don't want that baggage!
Rosa also does a lot of hugging and hand touching. It is so heart warming. I was standing with her the other day and she simply reaches and holds my hand. Human touch can be so effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment