Monday, February 21, 2011

The United States of America.

I just spent two glorious weeks on Vancouver Island with some awesome people, and now I feel like I'm on Phase 2. (I played Phase 10, the card game, quite a bit last week).

Tomorrow I head to Seattle. I'm a little unsure of what's going to happen this week.
It's crazy to me how quickly I'm transitioning from being on Vancouver Island to going right in Seattle.
These past few weeks I'm realizing how easy it is for me to feel settled someplace so fast!

I'm also realizing what a can simple conversation with a stranger can do.
Riding the Ferry back to Seattle I sat next to a lady and her husband. And what do ya know? She's excited for me to be traveling and she understands why... because she's from Ohio.
Then I'm walking off the ferry and talking with two ladies. What's to be discovered? One of the ladies lives in a neighboring community of which I will be living in, she knows the coffeehouse of where I'll be working and she knows a lot of people from Michigan. (Then the guy in front of us is all like "I just moved here from Michigan five months ago!")
THEN, the other lady finds out that I have to walk to another Pier a mile down to get to my next ferry (late at night) (of which I didn't want to walk) and she offers me a ride! Amen Lady! I was so grateful for  that.

So anyway.
Hello, Seattle.
[Feel free to sing Owl City now.]

1 comment: